Friday, October 3, 2008

Still pumping those pedals

A lot has been going on and not much time to write...that will all change as I'm now on call for the graveyard shift.



I've been biking a bit up in the hills now that they've "dried out." Sept is really bad for rain here.



If you get onto the trail in the early part of the day, the mud has frozen and it's pretty good riding. Getting towards dusk after the sun has cooked the mud all day it can get pretty messy.



That was how it was for me riding between 4 and 5:30 tonight. At one point you couldn't see any links on my chain, it was just one big mud grabber. That was some serious Reese's Peanut Butter Cup mud.

The mud that is actually fun is the shapeshifter: looks wet but is hard and vice versa.

The biggest thing I don't like about riding right now is cleaning the bike afterwards EVERY STINKING TIME!!

But I gotta get in my rides to make up for lost summer...even at 30F.

1 comment:

Allen said...

So you're ready for some Maah Hey Daah mud?