Wednesday, November 12, 2008

SNOW BABY!!

Yesterday we got about 5 more inches of snow! That will help make a nice base here in town, but we will need another 5+ to make skiing at the parks in town do-able.

Today I went back up to gasline and powerline trails and had a blast on the new snow. I tried something I've never done before: ski-music.

There is a long slog (about 30 minutes) uphill from the car and I thought maybe I'd spice it up with some tunes. It may have been the first time I've had a headset on while skiing, it won't be the last!

I've always enjoyed working out to music and today it really helped me keep a good pace going. It was weird hearing the Hellakopters and the Clash while looking at the mountains, but it was sooo worth it!

I got to a union meeting yesterday to hear the state of negotiations. 2 1/2 hours later I had a "free" lunch in me and no new news.

This morning I got together with some other FOs on call for breakfast and it was nice meeting and re-meeting some folks.

Don't stare at this too long or it will consume you!


Check out the last day of the beard for tomorrow it goes away (sometimes the snow won't stop clinging to the hair):






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought i'd get to see your whole face:( i like the "flakes of joy" description- i'll think of that next time it snows.

Allen said...

I was going to suggest using flickr and linking to those images and using an a href tag around them so folks could click and see large versions.... but I only want those for the scenary and not your pumpkin stubble.