Saturday, November 1, 2008

Archangel road

I returned to the road which is groomed for my ski-pleasure today. I wasn't alone, and that's OK.
Check out my crazy-expensive set-up:



Yep, those are bamboo poles made in Norway, or as I call it the mother-country. Nothing says bamboo like Norway, right?
I don't mind sharing the trail, but dogs that jump on strangers are not my favorites (especially the lab that pawed me in the jewels yesterday!). Better that the strangers jumping on me, of course Jitsu works better on humans than K-9s.
Here is one of the many streams that hasn't frozen over yet. Some of them have huge "steps" of ice with water flowing down them.


It felt really good to get back out on skis on descent snow AND not fall going downhill. I think I have my legs back. My max speed downhill was 21 MPH. It took me 1 hour and 34 minutes to get up, and only 36 minutes to get back down.

At the end of the road-trail I found this gate:
It says: FEET ONLY. I think the land owner doesn't like ATVs.
This leads to an old mine that is on private property. The owner doesn't like trespassers and has been known to shoot warning shots at people climbing the rocks on his land.
Not to leave you on a sour note, here is a nice mountain panorama for you to click on:

No comments: